Hello! I really enjoyed your game, it was super adorable and looked awesome as well as just damn fun to play (even though I was reduced to a common tourist ;D ) I made a let's play of your game here~
- Play an adorable dragon, avoiding knights, collecting treasure, and befriending royalty.
- Each playthrough is only a few minutes, but generated rooms and layouts make every one unique.
- Three difficulty modes, from peaceful Tourist to hardened Veteran.
- Detailed scoring system rewards you for being clever, brave, and thorough, along with a few surprise bonuses to keep you on your toes.
- Bonus downloads: Pico-8 game cartridge, soundtrack mp3, and game manual.
Want more details, strategy tips, and lore? Full game manual coming soon!
- Move with arrow keys, breathe fire by holding X, and befriend a royal immediately in front of you with Z.
- Lead royals to the doors of castles whose flags match their robe color.
- Find keys to open chests and get treasure.
The game ends when you find and use the blue portal ... unless a knight gets to you first. Whether you want to be sneaky or aggressive, quick or complete, is up to you.
Note: There's a flickering effect when you go through the portal. You can turn it off by pressing P and selecting "disable flicker." (You can also toggle the music this way.)
Design, Code, & Art - Relsqui
Music & Sound Design - Gruber
Game Manual Design - DotDotCo
Playtesting & Support - Jeremy Apthorp, Yoshi Murai, Joel Bradshaw, Randall Munroe, the Pico-8 community, the fine folks of Hype o'Clock, and others. Thank you!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Dragondell Manual now available!50 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This is terrific, thank you! :D Glad you had fun, even if it took a little adjusting. There really should be a difficulty level in between Tourist and Adventurer -- I'm not sure if there's room in the cart for it but I'll take another peek and see if I can find it, you're definitely not the first person who would've liked it, haha.
It looks like it says "PRESS 0 TO START" but it's a C. I know my eyesight isn't great but I can't see how it looks like a C :(
Actually, it's even weirder. the instructions say:
- Move with arrow keys, breathe fire by holding Z, and befriend a royal immediately in front of you with X.
But for me either Z or C do befriending and X does the fire.
(Chrome on Win 10)
Oh, Z, C and N all do befriending and game starting
X, V and N does flaming.
The "O" is because the buttons on the virtual Pico-8 console are O/X, which are mapped to Z/X, C/V, and N/M when playing on a computer. It is a bit confusing outside of Pico-8 (like here in an embedded web player).
Indeed. This is why I always mix it up; I'm not choosing or thinking about them especially. :P I'm pretty much determined that next time I'll just put the letters in the game, though, or perhaps both. It annoys Pico-8 folks but that seems worth it in order to make it so other people can figure out how to play!